If you had told me that I would be living during a pandemic and other multiple historical events, then I would have laughed in your face. This has been such an unprecedented time and it has been a lot to deal with. I let a lot of things slip, including updating this blog. It may seem small and probably frivolous, but I don’t think I realized how cathartic writing for this blog is.
During the whole lockdown/quarantine situation, I didn’t do a whole lot of reading or writing. This pandemic really got to me and affected me in ways that I wasn’t prepared for. I’ve become more anxious, especially when going out in public and going back to work. But I know that a lot of people are feeling the same way I do. It has taken some time and a lot of venting to family and friends, but I’m doing better now. I’m controlling what I can in the middle of a chaotic situation.
And part of that control means making regular updates! This won’t be my usual reading blog review, since I’m giving y’all such a big list. I’ll just list what books I read during what month and give them a star rating.
On to the books!
- Only Mostly Devastated by Sophie Gonzales – 4 Stars
- The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller – 3.5 Stars (This was an audiobook and I think the narrator wasn’t the right one for me. It happens!)
- Crescent City by Sarah J. Maas – 5 Stars (Y’all already know I love anything Maas writes and this was no exception. I CAN’T wait to see what else happens in this adult series!)
- Mooncakes by Suzanne Walker – 4 Stars (GN)
- Planting Stories: The Life of Librarian and Storyteller Pura Belpre by Anika A. Denise – 5 Stars (Picture Book)
- Dear Girls by Ali Wong – 3.5 Stars
- Yes No Maybe So by Becky Albertalli and Aisha Saeed – 3.5 Stars
- Wicked Saints and Ruthless Gods by Emily A. Duncan – 5 STARS BECAUSE THIS BOOK SERIES IS SIMPLY AMAZING AND I HAVE A GREAT NEED FOR THE LAST BOOK. AND YES THIS NEEDS TO BE IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE AKGJHRIOAWEHGIAGIH.
- Bone Crier’s Moon by Katherine Purdie – 5 Stars
- The Life and Medieval Times of Kit Sweetly by Jamie Pacton – 3 Stars
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – 5 Stars (Started this re-read to help me pick up books again. I needed the comfort of a favorite book.)
- Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo – 5 Stars because it made me cry and it was absolutely beautiful. I love all of her work.
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas – 5 Stars
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas – 5 Stars
- A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas – 5 Stars
- Avatar the Last Airbender: The Promise Vol. 1 – 3 by Gene Luan Yang – 3 Stars (GN)
- Avatar the Last Airbender: The Search Vol. 1 – 3 by Gene Luan Yang – 4 Stars (GN)
- Ghosted in L.A. Vol. 1 by Sina Grace – 4 Stars (GN)
- Skyward Vol. 1 – 3 by Joe Henderson – 4 Stars (GN)
- A Song Below Water by Bethany C. Morrow – 4 Stars
- Save the Cat Writes a Novel by Jessica Brody – 5 Stars
- Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – 4 Stars
- Aurora Burning by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – 4 Stars
- Music From Another World by Robin Talley – 3 Stars
- Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson – 4 Stars
- Be Not Far From Me by Mindy McGinnis – 4 Stars
- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith – 4 Stars
- A Girl Called Echo: Northwest Resistance by Katherena Vermette – 4 Stars
That’s all for now! I’ll be back with another blog post soon. Until then, happy reading!